Top Durham, NC Restaurants, Wineries & Breweries
Durham is the Culinary Epicenter of the Triangle
One thing is certain when you visit Durham and the Triangle area, it is a culinary lovers delight. Below are the top recommended Durham area restaurants that are near our award-winning Durham bed and breakfast.
Here are some of our favorite, chef-owned eats and drinks in Durham, NC, the “Tastiest Town in the South,” but the Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau has a database online of all things foodie in Durham. If you are looking for a more casual, mobile dining experience check out some of Durham’s Food Trucks.
- 107 W. Chapel Hill St.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 5:00-10:30pm, Fri & Sat 5:00-11:00pm, Sun 5:00-9:30pm. Reservations suggested.
- Regional Italian food in Downtown Durham, with focus on fatta a mano—handmade pasta.
- 3314 Guess Road
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 5:30-10pm. Reservations suggested.
- Excellent Italian comfort food in a small, intimate location not far off Interstate 85.
- 2010 Hillsborough Rd.
- Hours: Tues-Thurs 5:30-10PM, Fri & Sat 5:30-11PM, Sun 5:30-9PM, Sun brunch 10:30AM-2:00PM.
- True French Bistro: Best steak & frites and calf’s liver in the Triangle.
- 401 E.Chapel Hill St.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30AM-2PM, Tues- Sat 5:30-9PM, Sat & Sun 10AM-2PM.
- Outstanding Parisian-style restaurant in Downtown Durham. Three-course prix fixe menu can’t be beat!
- 806 W. Main St.
- Closed Monday Sun 5-9:30PM Tues-Saturday 5-10PM
- 746 Ninth Street
- Hours: 5-11PM daily.
- Twist on classic American steakhouse. Chef/owner Francisco Pirillo reflects his Argentine heritage on several dishes.
- 737 Ninth St. #210
- Hours: Mon-Sat 11:30AM-2:30PM, Mon-Thurs 5-10:30PM, Fri & Sat 5PM-midnight.
- Small plates with bold flavors, each prepared creatively with attention to Asian tradition.
- 1821 Hillandale Rd.
- Hours: Mon-Fri: 11AM-3PM, Mon-Thurs 5:00-9:30PM, Fri & Sat 5:00-10:00PM, Brunch Sun only 11AM-2:30PM.
- A Greek-Mediterranean Bistro from the owners of Papas Grille in Durham, NC.
- 2694 Durham – Chapel Hill Blvd, Durham, NC 27707
- (919) 489-3944
- Sara Foster is a respected expert on simple, honest food prepared with fresh, local and seasonal ingredients
- 2510 University Dr.
- Hours: 11AM-9PM daily.
- The very best North Carolina BBQ served in a very relaxed atmosphere.
Top Durham Area Wineries & Breweries
During your stay at our Durham B&B, plan to visit some wineries near Durham, NC and in the Triangle area. Enjoy wine and beer on a more personal level and experience a tasting at our local vineyards or brewery!
- Journey through the countryside to find the magnificent Rock of Ages vineyard and winery, where you can sample their wines in their beautiful tasting room.
- Located in Downtown Durham, Fullsteam Brewery and Triangle Brewery create masterful brews that are on tap in many local restaurants. You can also try Fullsteam brews at their Brewery Tavern! Triangle Brewery does not run a regular taproom, but offers tours and brew samples on select Saturdays. For a full list of Durham area breweries, check out more information on Durham’s beer scene online. If traditional spirits are more what you are looking for, the Durham Distillery is a gin and liqueur distillery offering tastings and tours. Check each website for hours, tour dates and events.
Are you celebrating a special occasion during your visit? Finish off the day with our Wine and Chocolate Package.
- Our chef will prepare four, luscious strawberries covered in rich chocolate for you and your sweetheart.
- We will also include a bottle of sparkling wine to help you celebrate.
$50 and up. Find your perfect room and add on the Wine and Chocolate Package when you book online.